Friday 26 July 2013

Introduction

What better a place to begin than the start!

Welcome to my new blog and thanks for taking time out of your no-doubt hectic life to join me on my journey.

This blog is intended to be a multitude of things:
First and foremost, a written record of my weight-loss journey; a factual account of what happens. 
Secondly, a compelling reason for me to keep up with my hopes and wishes for this journey - what better a reason to keep up the (hopefully!) good work than by documenting it and seeing the progress (while also       being afraid to stop and leave gaps in posting and having to explain why!)
Thirdly, I am the kind of person who has easily put off big plans for weight loss in the past (for reasons I'm sure I will analyse another time) or has abandoned plans-in-progress so I am hoping that by having to 
make myself accountable for my actions in a public forum, it will encourage me to carry on. 
Lastly, I have a keen interest in writing and while I did have a blog previously, I felt it lacked direction and     am looking forward to writing a blog with a purpose.

It is going to be a long journey, I am not kidding myself about that at all, but I really am determined to see it through this time.

I will explain in following posts what inspired me to go down the weight loss route but I felt it was important - for myself and for the blog - to set out from the offset the reasons for this blog's being.

I'm not doing this for attention and I most certainly do not hope to attract any negative comments or anything like that - I couldn't think of anything more demoralising at the moment to be be frank - so I hope if anyone does read this blog, that you enjoy the posts and are as inspired as I am by my (fingers crossed) progress.

Rebecca 
"A dream doesn't become reality through magic;
it takes sweat, determination and hard work"
Colin Powell


No comments:

Post a Comment