Monday 16 September 2013

Eating habits

One of the main things that I needed to target what my attitude to food and how much/what I was eating.

My main bad habits were/are

  • Eating main meals late in the evening - I don't enjoy eating on my own so would wait until himself was home to have dinner. I also didn't think too much about what I was putting into food - cheese, creamy sauces, salt...
  • Snacking while doing chores/reading/watching tv - Not at all out of hunger, more something to do!
  • If I had a cup of tea (which was frequently!) I would have something sweet also. This meant that I again was eating unnecessarily.
  • Fizzy drinks - LOVE Diet Coke and would happily drink it each day.
  • Not eating fruit remotely regularly or enough water per day
I know what I should have been doing all along, in theory, but as I mentioned previously I never thought too much about my weight therefore didn't take any of the logical advice on board for a long time.

Basically snacking a lot and fizzy drinks were my worst vices. Trying to change some well established bad habits was going to be a good chunk of my initial fight against my weight. As my friend mentioned in her guest post, it takes three weeks to really get out of a habit but by God you must be determined to do it in order for the urge to get out of your system. 

I'm two weeks into the 'Macra's Feirme Bodies' journey so we shall see how I am getting on by next week!
Rebecca

“Your beliefs become your thoughts, 
Your thoughts become your words, 
Your words become your actions, 
Your actions become your habits, 
Your habits become your values, 
Your values become your destiny.” 
Mahatma Ghandi

No comments:

Post a Comment